We use a proactive approach when managing maintenance to ensure your rental property is maintained to a high standard under the instruction of our landlords.
Identification and prioritisation of maintenance in all our managed properties is taken very seriously. Issues and repairs that have been identified by the tenant and require the immediate attention of a tradespeople and your property manager, are detailed and processed using the TAPI Maintenance program. As an approved occupant of a property managed by the Living Property Management team, you will be able to lodge your maintenance requests and view the status of your requests via the free Tenant Concierge. The Tenant concierge is below, or accessible via the QR code if installed already under your Kitchen sink upboard.

You can also check our Tenant FAQ’s or the Residential Tenancy Authority (RTA) for more information.

When do I find out if the landlord is offering me a new lease agreement?

If the landlord would like you to vacate you will be given 2 months notice as required by law. We always aim to let our tenants know if their lease will be extended 1 – 2 months prior to the expiry date of the current agreement.

My lease is expiring and I want to move out. Do I still have to give you notice?

Yes, the minimum notice that you need to supply is 14 days. You must fill out a notice of intention to leave (form 13) This Notice should be received by us no later than 14 days prior to the date you wish to vacate. A copy of this form is available on our website.

Unfortunately I have to vacate before my lease expires, what do I do?

You will be “breaking your lease” therefore you are required to fill out a Notice of Intention to Leave (form 13) and a break lease agreement. You are also required to pay 1 week let fee + GST, advertising fee and rent up until the day before a new tenancy begins. We strongly recommend that you give as much notice as possible.

I have given you my Notice of Intention to Leave form. What is the procedure after this?

Our Property Manager will be in contact to confirm receipt of the Notice of Intention to Leave. You will then be sent the vacating documents. You will need to arrange the cleaning of the property, professional carpet cleaning, pest control (if applicable), lawn and garden maintenance if applicable. On the day of vacate you will need to return the keys and receipts to our office. All rent must be paid up to date, the bond cannot be used as rent. Within three working days of the keys being returned a vacate inspection will be carried out. You will be notified if there are any issues.

What is the procedure regarding maintenance?

All maintenance must be submitted via the free Tapi Widget above or the QR code under your kitchen sink in the cupboard. After approval is received from the owner, the app will update you with notification. The tradesperson will then contact you directly to arrange a time that suits. If your maintenance is classed as an emergency repair and occurs after hours, please contact a licensed tradesperson to attend. Please note, if it is found to have been caused by a tenant’s faulty appliance you will be required to pay for this repair.

What is classed as Emergency Maintenance?

Emergency maintenance What is classed as an emergency repair?

  • a burst water service or a serious water service leak
  • a blocked or broken lavatory service
  • a serious roof leak
  • a gas leak – a dangerous electrical fault
  • flooding or serious flood damage – serious storm, fire or impact damage
  • a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
  • a failure or breakdown of an essential service or hot water, cooking or heating appliance
  • a fault or damage that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
  • a fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a resident of the premises
  • a serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area or premises that unduly inconveniences a resident in gaining access to, or using, the premises
How often are routine inspections carried out?

We carry out routine inspections every 3-6 months, you will be notified beforehand, by way of an Entry Notice.

What time will you be coming through?

The legislation states that we must give you a two-hour time frame. The entry notice will state the time period that we will be coming through.

Do I need to be home for the inspection to be carried out?

No, you do not need to be home. We will gain access using the office set of keys.

What should I do to prepare for the routine inspection?

Routine inspections are the only opportunity we have to ensure that you are looking after the property. The landlord will be given a report with photographs detailing the condition of the property. The result of a routine inspection will have an impact on whether or not your lease agreement will be extended.

Can the landlord charge me for my water use?

In order for the landlord to charge you for water use the lease agreement must stat this. In addition, the property must be individually metered and “water efficient” – please refer to the fact sheet on our website for further information regarding this.

How do I pay rent?

Our office operates a rental payment system, MEPAY, available through your property me tenant portal. Rent can also be paid by way of eftpos, bank cheque money order at one of our office locations. You must use the unique reference number that was given to you at the beginning of your tenancy.

What is the best way to contact my Property Manager?

It is our office policy to ensure that everything is put in writing. Please ensure that you email your Property Manager with any requests. Our Property Manager is also available on mobile (preferred) and 1300 885 624 (voice mail)

I need to come in to the office to see my Property Manager. Do I need to make an appointment?

Yes. As our Property Managers are often out of the office carrying out inspections and viewings on properties, you will need to ensure that an appointment is made at least 24 hours before coming into the office.

I would like a written reference; do you do this?

We do not give out written references to tenants however we will give them to your new agent upon request.

Once I become an approved lease holder in my rental property, can I have pets?

A tenant must have written permission from the property manager before having a pet at the rental property. The property owner can only refuse a pet on reasonable grounds as listed under Queensland’s tenancy laws. As part of the approval process, the property owner together with the property manager may put reasonable conditions in place that you will be asked to sign before the pet can be introduced to the property. You will need to complete and submit a request for approval to keep a pet in a rental property (Form 21) & The property owner/manager must respond to the request in writing within 14 days after receiving the request. We suggest you submit the form 21 via email with supporting photos of your pets. If you plan on submitting this request by post, the sender must allow time for the mail to arrive when calculating the date the property owner must respond by.